Block Jointing Mortar Exporter, Manufacturer and Supplier
Block Jointing Mortar is a factory prepared blend of carefully selected raw materials, portland cement and graded aggregates and polymers. Designed for use with water to produce high strength thixotropic mortar, for laying aerated light weight concrete, fly ash bricks, cement hollow blocks, cellular concrete blocks or smoothing over the block work surface in layers of upto 12mm thickness, that meet and exceed the requirements of International Standards.
Block Jointing Mortar is a high strength adhesive for quick and firm laying of blocks with thin joints. Block Jointing Mortar is a factory mixed mortar made up of cement, graded sand and blended with polymers to impart high strength and water retention properties even when in thickness of 2-3 mm layers. Blocks being porous in nature tend to absorb moisture from mortar, thereby resulting into pinhole gaps in masonry. This leads to poor bond strength and tendency of mortar to let heat and water pass through. Polymers in Magicbond retain water in mortar. Thus, strengthening the bonds.
• Application Procedure
- • Surface Preparation:- The surface area where Block Jointing Mortar needs to be applied should be sound, thoroughly clean and free from dust, grease, oil and any loose material. The masonry surface should be pre-wetted before applying BuildWell Block Jointing Mortar. Line out on the concrete slab should be done by using conventional cement mortar to get the desired line level.
- • How to Apply:- Take the required quantity of water in a clean bucket, add Block Jointing Mortar as recommended. Stir continuously for 5 -10 minutes by using an electric mixer or by hand to obtain a homogeneous lump free mix. Allow the resultant wet mortar to stand for about 5 minutes for the additives to dissolve. Re-mix again for about 2 minutes. The mixture is now ready. Use the mix within 60 minutes. For best results it is advisable to use notch trowel of 3 to 4 mm to have better contact and bonding.
- • Water Demand:- Depending upon the substrate and climate add approx. 9 to 11 liters of water for 40 kg bag. For concrete blocks, wet mortar should have less water to form 2 to 3 mm bed of Block Jointing Mortar.
- • Application Area:- Laying and joining of masonary units like AAC Blocks, Hollow Blocks, Fly ash Bricks and concrete Blocks, etc. Joining of concrete window and door frames, etc.
- • Precautions:- Block Jointing Mortar contains only eco-friendly fillers and additives. However being sand and cement based it is alkaline and hence it is advisable to avoid direct eye and skin contact with this. In case of eye contact, wash with clean water for at least 15 minutes and seek for medical help if needed and recommend to keep it out of reach of children.
• Benefits of Block Jointing Mortar
• High strength with thinner joints (3mm thin) • Faster construction as no curing is required • Reduces Wastage • Economical • No water percolation • Technologically superior and consistent in quality • Time and manpower is saved • Lesser shrinkage and seamless structure • High strength adhesion • Consistency of material and quality • Can be applied by ordinary mason • no special skill required • Long working time • No curing required after block work is done • Improved adhesion between two blocks • Fast & economical
• Packaging and Storage:-
Block Jointing Mortar is available in 40 kg bag and has a shelf life of 6 months subject to stored in a cool and dry location properly. As temperature, humidity, water addition and other parameters vary from site to site; the above information should be treated as a general guideline.
Coverage of Block Jointing Mortar is approx. 120 sq.ft. with average thickness of material for light weight blocks size of 4 inch block. The coverage area however will depend upon the quality and evenness of the substrate, thickness of joints.